Festival 20·21 protects your personal data and respects your privacy. Our Privacy Statement contains information about how Festival 20·21 handles your personal data. Festival 20·21 always acts in accordance with applicable regulations and legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Festival 20·21 uses your personal data only for the purpose for which they were provided.
• Processing personal data is limited to the minimum data necessary to send you the annual Festival brochure via Bpost and the digital newsletters.
• By providing us your data you are giving us explicit permission to use your personal data.
• Festival 20·21 takes the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data.
• Festival 20·21 does not provide personal data to third parties.
Festival 20·21 is responsible for processing your personal data. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Festival 20·21 at: Festival van Vlaanderen Vlaams-Brabant, Brusselsestraat 63, 3000 Leuven, telephone +32(0)16 20 05 40, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons for processing personal data
Festival 20·21 uses your personal data for the following purposes and on the following legal grounds:
• to enable you to participate in the Festival 20·21 concerts and other activities;
• to inform you about similar activities/concerts via Bpost (Belgian postal service), direct marketing, to send digital newsletters and invitations
• as a condition of obtaining government subsidies
Among other things, we use your IP address so that we can maintain and improve our website. It also helps us to identify and if necessary stop suspicious behaviour on the website.
For the objectives above, Festival 20·21 asks for and processes the following personal data:
• your first and last name, and login data,
• your address, e-mail address, telephone number, and city,
• your age or date of birth,
• your preferred language.
In addition, we collect other personal data.
For the services and areas of the website that you use:
• your IP address,
• data gathered by cookies.
Any photos of you if you come to a Festival activity:
• There is a chance that you will be photographed, and that these photos will appear on our website and social media as documentation of our activities. If you do not wish your image to appear, please let us know on your arrival at the venue.
• If you want the photos in which you are identifiable to be destroyed, please send your request to email@example.com.
• We will ask permission of adults accompanying children before publishing photos in which they are identifiable.
• If you place a photo of yourself at a festival activity on social media, it gives us permission to use the image, and potentially to share it on our website or our social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
Festival 20·21 uses the data it collects only for the purposes for which they were collected.
You can manage your subscription to the digital newsletter (which we also use for direct mailing and invitations) by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link.
• sending the Festival brochure (Bpost);
• providing the internet environment (webhosting);
• providing the IT infrastructure;
• providing (and distributing) digital newsletters and invitations.
Festival 20·21 makes all necessary agreements with third parties to guarantee the safety of your personal data.
We never provide personal data to other parties without a processing agreement. We only do so if it is legally required and permitted, for example, in the event the police request data (including personal data) from Festival 20·21.
Festival 20·21 stores personal data no longer than necessary for the purpose for which they were provided, unless otherwise required to by law. In general, we keep personal data for at most 5 years.
Safety of your data.
Festival 20·21 takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data from illegal processing, including the following:
• All persons who have access to your data on behalf of Festival 20·21 are obliged to keep it confidential;
• Our employees (permanent team and working students) have been informed of the importance of protecting personal data;
• Festival 20·21 has a user name and password policy;
• Festival 20·21 makes back-ups of personal data so that it can be recovered in the event of physical or technical accidents.
Festival 20·21 is in no way liable for direct or indirect damage caused by an unlawful or improper use of your personal data by a third party.
Your rights regarding your data You have the right to view the data that we received from you, and to correct or delete it. Contact information for Festival 20·21 is above.